Friday, June 17, 2011

Graduation Cake

A friend asked if I could do a graduation cake for her son. She sent me a picture of what she had in mind, a two tier with a grad cap on top.
This is what I came up with...
I added a 3rd tier because, well, I'm not sure , but I just liked it that way :)
She wanted it personalized a bit by adding the school letters. 
I was excited to use my Cricut Cake again to do this. It actually went a lot better and easier than I thought.
I decided to throw in the diploma for fun, because I thought the cap looked a little lonely on the top.
I took the school mascot and tweaked it so I could cut it out on the Cricut also. I was very excited with how it turned out expecially with all the fine details.
Overall, I was pretty happy with how it turned out.
She had a beautiful display set up all in Silver and red ...this beauty was the centerpiece of the table and fit in beautifully with her decor. 
Oh yeah...it was delicious too :)

1 comment:

Verlynn said...

Great pig (tee hee).