Saturday, September 10, 2011

Quaint Wedding Cake

A friend called and asked me to do a small cake for her brother's wedding that she was hosting at her house. She gave me free rein to design whatever I wanted with the colors of Black, White and a hint of purple. I had been wanting to try out a new flower technique so I took on the challenge! Here is what I came up with...

The flowers, and cake were dusted with luster dust to give it that shimmer...


I was very happy with how it turned out. She originally wasn't going to put on a topper, but decided last minute to add one. Here is a photo she sent me with the topper in place.
I hadn't braced the top layer to hold the weight of the topper, so I was a bit disappointed when the side looked a little droopy. They seemed very happy with the design and the flavor.

No comments: